3001 Damascus, Ellicott City, MD
3 full, 1 half
CALL THE OFFICIAL LISTING AGENT ELLIE MCINTIRE AT 443-418-7668
EPIK HOME GROUP OF KELLER WILLIAMS REALTY CENTRE 410.312.0000.
Don’t you deserve this impeccably maintained and stately residence located in one of the finest school districts that Howard County has to offer? The GRAND foyer with soaring ceilings and a dramatic staircase creates a perfect backdrop for any graduation photo shoot.
Featuring over 4,000 abundant feet of living space on 3 completely finished levels, it is certainly spacious but also feels comfortable and welcoming. This gracious home showcases Asian Cherry Hardwoods floors throughout the main level and TONS of room to spread out. The convenient study off the formal living room is a perfect spot for a home office or tucked away place for homework.
The heart of the home is undoubtedly the gourmet kitchen boasting Jenn Aire stainless appliances, granite counters, five burner gas stove and a chef’s delight double oven. You will LOVE entertaining friends and family in this light drenched open level with its spectacular octagonal sun room & large family room with cozy fireplace.
Head upstairs to 4 bedrooms and a luxurious master suite with a walk in closet big enough to live in and a sensational master bath. The massive lower level makes for an IDEAL recreation area or guest level and includes a bedroom or home office, full bath and 2 separate living areas. You literally have more than enough room down here to create the basement of your dreams!
Wait until you see the LUSH perennial gardens with dramatic hardscaping that will delight year round and the deck and flagstone patio offer outdoor living at its best. Set on a manicured corner lot in a sought after and established Ellicott City neighborhood, this FOREVER home is just minutes from shopping, restaurants, recreation and commuting.
Everything you need is close by but the best part is COMING HOME!
UPGRADES & FEATURES
• Installed new furnace in 2014 and a new Carrier HVAC unit in 2016.
• New sump pump with battery back-up. 2016
• Installed a Solar Attic Fan and Solar Tube light in the hallway bathroom upstairs in 2017
• Completely updated and remodeled basement in 2016. Added full bath, new carpet, room for bedroom or office
• Architectural roof installed with transferable 20 year warranty. 2010
• Installed wall to wall solid Asian Cherry floors on first level and on the stairs to the second level.
• Complete renovation of both bathrooms upstairs.
• Pushed the original plot out 6ft to create a private backyard and double hardscaped wall for garden and driveway.
• Installed adjustable basketball hoop.
• All the doors have new hardware and all the rooms except the living room have light added overhead and new ceiling fixtures.
• Remodeled kitchen with hardwood cabinet doors, pull out shelves and double ovens.
• Designed and installed a pantry closet with pull out shelves and great storage.
• Added a new sink and cabinets to the laundry room.
• Extensive closet system in the master bedroom and upstairs bedroom.
• A storage room was created with the empty space between the master bedroom wall and the closet. It is insulated space with shelving.
• Installed perennial garden with irrigation system and rain detector.
• Electric fence for pets.
Conducted an energy audit in 2011 which included air sealing, insulation and ductwork and made 100% of the recommended changes/repairs, reducing the utility bills by 60%.
BGE - the last 12 months starting with May 2019 $176.63, $281.21, $330.35, $390.53, $349.23, $277.43, $184.07, $172.82, $177.61, $203.53, $180,88, $202.73
Howard County Water paid every 3 months - last 4 bills were as follows: $146.33, $284.59, $250.70 and $173.24
WHAT THE SELLER LOVES
When we found our home at 3001 Damascus Dr in Ellicott City, we were drawn to all the natural light the home offered, the flexibility of the floor plan and the school system. What we love about our home is the natural light throughout the home. The house is light filled, open and great for entertaining. We have hosted many large team events and school activities.
Our home along with the deck and yard allows adults and children of all ages to enjoy time together yet do their own thing. The basement offers, ping-pong, pool, TV and gaming; the yard offers basketball, a private backyard and deck for grilling. Over the nine years, we've built a perennial garden where you can enjoy color and beautiful greenery all four seasons. There are 3 full baths and guests typically stay in the basement where one has their own bathroom, bedroom and entertainment offering exceptional privacy.
EXCELLENT HOWARD COUNTY SCHOOLS
We moved to Howard County from out of state and specifically to this neighborhood so our children could attend Manor Woods, Burleigh Manor and Marriott’s Ridge. It was the sole reason and it was a great decision. Both boys enjoyed school, were challenged and received many scholarship offers to college. In Ellicott City the schools are phenomenal and children are provided an environment where they can learn new activities and grow into responsible adults. The library is extensive and offers an environment for children to gather. The location is close to the highway for easy access to work and errands.
The neighborhood itself is a tight knit group of people who work in the yard, walk their dogs and are generally very friendly. There are two neighborhood gatherings each year, a Bunco group and I believe a book club. I like the location for the many parks, shopping and medical practices. Ellicott City offers a significant amount of diversity for restaurants, exercise, and shopping. There are so many fabulous restaurants but our favorites are Iron Bridge, Bon Chon, Lee Lynn's, Catonsville Gourmet, Facci,& Pachanga. The Grocery stores we use are Sprouts, Costco, BJ's and Wegmans.
Maps & Local
View More Listings
Click the property below to view the virtual tour of each listing.